Our shelter is revamping our FOSTER PROGRAM and is in need of adding potential FOSTER HOMES for both dogs and cats!
We provide all the supplies and medical care – you provide the love…
Foster home provide TLC, provide love and care for the ones that might be to small/young to be spayed/neutered, help with socializing animals that may be shy or need some basic training and manners or to help nurse a pet/s back to health so they can be adopted. Our foster program saves hundreds of lives each year.
Interested in fostering?
- Print out the FOSTER FAMILY APPLICATION – and return it to the shelter either by email email@example.com OR fax to 978-422-8574 or mail to Animal Shelter Inc – 17 Laurelwood Road – Sterling – MA 01564
- Once we receive your application we will be in contact with you to review our foster program and how the program works.
- If you are interested and everything looks good we’ll add you to our shelters FOSTER FACEBOOK PAGE – please be sure to include your Facebook page on the application
- Once we have a pet that needs foster care, we’ll post the pet/s photo/s and the info on why the pet needs fostering (i.e. to small/young to be spayed/neutered – nursing mom with puppies or kittens – might need some basic medical care such as antibiotics 1-2 times a day for a week or two – pet/s may need some TLC and socialization – there are a wide variety of reasons pets may benefit from foster care).
- The foster families that are part of our FOSTER FACEBOOK PAGE will then be able to determine if they are willing and able to foster the pet based on that pets needs. By joining the FOSTER FACEBOOK PAGE it helps us to save time flipping through multiple applications to see who might be the family willing to foster that pet. Ideally once we determine a pet needs foster care our goal is to get that pet into foster TLC within 48 hours.
Fostering is a perfect situation for a family or pet lover to provide temporary care for a pet/s that are in need of being out of the shelter environment. A short commitment of time – which can be as short as a few days to a few weeks will help us help more animals. We can have these pets in a home receiving TLC all while opening another cage or kennel for more pets to come into the shelter that may be facing euthanasia.
Please consider becoming on of our foster families and help these innocent souls…. your time and love can really make the difference between life and death…fostering is such a rewarding way to help these innocent creatures…
If you have any questions, concerns or just looking for more info – please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org