IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR 1 FT OR 1 PT VET TECH IN OUR ON-SITE HIGH VOLUME S/N CLINIC
Animal Shelter Inc. of Sterling MA is seeking either 1 FT tech (4 days a week Monday – Thursday) or 1 PT tech (2 days a week) motivated, compassionate, trustworthy, and reliable Veterinary Technician (in our on-site vet clinic) who can hit the ground running in a busy high volume spay/neuter clinic. Our clinic focuses on high volume – high quality surgeries and caring for the pets that come through our animal shelter. You’ll enjoy a job where you get to work with pet lovers who are saving lives and providing much needed services affordable care for our community’s pets. NO WEEKENDS – NO NIGHTS – NO HOLIDAYS! Click here to apply today!
FOR CANDIDATES WE ARE CONSIDERING FOR THIS POSITION WE ARE SCHEDULING WORKING INTERVIEWS. This will give you a good idea of what the job entails, allows our clinic staff to see the skills and assets you can bring to our clinic team, and allows you to work with our multiple doctors and clinic staff to see how exciting this position can be. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE SALARY HISTORY IF APPLYING
JOB DESCRIPTION (Includes not limited to):
- In this position you will be supporting our Doctors and Technician team by creating a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients and providing compassionate care for pets in our clinic
- Assist with intake of public animals for surgery and recheck appointments including review of services to be provided that day
- Discharge of surgical patients including explaining post-operative instructions to clients
- Assist veterinarian with physical exams using proper restraint and handling of dogs and cats
- Prepare animals for surgery by performing IV/IM/SQ injections, intubating animals, and clipping/scrubbing surgical site
- Monitor surgical patient’s vital signs during surgical procedures
- Assist in recovery of animals after surgical procedures including extubating and monitoring temperature
- Transfer shelter animals to/from clinic to address medical needs
- Clean, maintain and sterilize surgical instruments and equipment
- Perform routine laboratory procedures and tests to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of animal’s health
- Administer vaccines/medications to hospitalized animals
- Provide specialized nursing care for injured or ill animals according to veterinarian treatment plan
- Aid in maintaining proper drug logs
- Assist in booking/rescheduling appointments by returning clinic phone calls and emails as needed
- Enter medical records into database and compile client invoices as needed
- Aid in hospital maintenance, stocking supplies, and adhering to clinic checklists
- Help to educate clients on all aspects of pet health, and ensure a safe and effective hospital environment
- Organize work area and exercise time management skills to maximize efficiency within the practice and prioritize tasks to maintain surgical flow
- Our clinic is currently open Monday-Thursday 8:30 am-4:30 pm – the clinic team stagger their scheduled hours in order to staff the clinic from 7:30-8 am – 4:30-5 pm
- Must be able to handle a wide variety of animals effectively and in a humane manner
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must complete a ninety (90) day orientation and training/probation period
- Must maintain a good attendance record – expected to be ON TIME
- MUST be able to maintain a positive attitude while working in a fast paced environment, working w/ different doctors.
- The ability to perform tasks without having to be constantly supervised (you will be trained on clinic operations, we are looking for a tech who picks things up quickly and has the ability to retain information and be able to work without constant supervision)
- Ability to responsibly run all aspects/operations of the clinic on Fridays with other clinic team if needed.
PREFERENCES GIVEN TO:
- An Associate’s degree or certification from an AVMA accredited college level in veterinary technology or Certified Veterinary Technician program
- Prior experiences with domestic animals working in a humane organization or shelter setting
- Possess good computer skills
- A high level of professionalism, strong interpersonal skills and ability to function as a team player are absolutely required.
- Pre-exposure vaccine series
SUMMARY: This position is vital to our shelter AND clinic operations and involves multiple aspects of animal care and communication with our adoption staff. A high level of professionalism and strong customer service skills are mandatory. Working in a small, busy environment with multiple doctors makes strong interpersonal skills and willingness to be a team player.
Requirements – A good personality and enjoying saving lives! This position has to be flexible in the duties and responsibilities to best fit the changing needs and mission of both the clinic and shelter. The ideal candidate performs a wide variety of functions of the position under the supervision of the clinics head technician and staff veterinarian(s).
Apply Today on our Indeed ad by clicking here – Join Our Family, Save lives, help the people and pets in our community and beyond!