Santa will be here at Sterling Shelter Saturday November 2nd 2019 for our 8th Annual Pet (& People) Photos – Book Your Appt ASAP!
Santa is coming back to town and wants photos with YOUR PET(S)! Family members are welcome to pose with their pet(s) in the photos, too. Who can believe the holidays are right around the corner? We can! That’s why we’re already planning for Santa Pet Portraits and Holiday Cards; they make great holiday presents and family photos/memories!
Date: Saturday November 2nd 2019
Time: 10am-5pm (appointment times are every 10 minutes)
Location: Animal Shelter Inc of Sterling – 17 Laurelwood Rd Sterling MA 01564
Price: This year we are making it simple – there is a onetime $25 sitting fee due at the time of your appointment, you will have the options to buy any packages/prints/items with the photo/s of your choice.
Details: Our volunteer photographer will set up a website for all photos (Shutter Fly or similar) for families to order the exact pix they like best!
Sniffin’ for more information or to book your family photo shoot? Contact Kaleigh at email@example.com for more info or to book your appointment!
Frequently Asked Questions
- My pet doesn’t sit still – can you really photograph him/her? Photographing animals is a very difficult art. We pride ourselves on our patience and experience in this specialty. Most pets we photograph are not obedience trained, nor do they just “sit & pose”. It is most important that you remain calm and relaxed throughout the session. Don’t get frustrated! It just takes a little time, your cooperation, and lots of patience for great results!
- What age should my pet be for a session? Is my pet too young/old? Any age is the right age but please don’t delay! Young pets have adventure, whimsy and wonder, and “senior” pets have loyalty, character and a lifetime of unconditional love worthy of being treasured.
- Should I bring a helper with me? If your session involves more than one pet, we suggest you bring along a helper who is personally familiar with your animals. Make sure that person is patient and will not upset or make your pet (or you) nervous or tense. For the benefit of your pet’s well-being, and the successful outcome of the session, we reserve the right to ask disruptive, impatient, negative, or uncooperative people to wait outside the studio during the session time.
- Does my pet need to be washed or groomed before the session? If your pet is regularly groomed, you can plan a visit to the groomer at least one or two days before the session. You pet’s well-being is our concern; therefore, we do not photograph a pet that has been to a groomer on the same day as their session. Often, signs of stress may not be obvious to you, but a visit to the groomer can be extremely stressful for most animals. If your pet does not require regular grooming, then a good brushing before the session is sufficient. Please bring your pet’s own brush or comb. You can also bring a bandanna, a different collar, or a favorite toy as nice accessories in some of the poses!
- How long is the actual session? Very short! We are booking in 10 minutes slots depending on how many pets and/or people you wish to include – we will also need to know that when you book your appointment so we don’t over/under book other families.
- Can I bring treats for my pet? If your pet is stressed, they will usually reject food. We do suggest bringing your pet’s favorite treat(s) in a sealed bag or plastic container for a reward after the session is completed.
- Do you photograph animals other than dogs & cats? Yes, we can also accommodate small pets such as rabbits, cats, and ferrets.
IMPORTANT INFO YOU NEED TO KNOW – all dogs must be on a leash (no retractable leashes pls) – cats or small pets must be in a carrier. Please do NOT bring any aggressive pets. If you would like to have family and/our friends in the pictures they are welcome too. You can also choose to have Santa in the photo OR NOT…. (if you wish to use this photo for other items) – we will have a set background for all photos J 100% of the proceeds from our Pictures with Santa benefit our pets and programs!