Welcome to our Pets for Adoption Page!
- You can click on any of the images below for more information on the animal posted.
- This page is updated hourly. If you see a pet that is NO LONGER POSTED -s/he has been adopted.
- We generally have weekly rescue transports, and daily local surrenders, so we are listing new animals all the time.
- If you don’t find your new pet with us but happen to adopt a pet that needs to be spayed or neutered check out our shelters on-site Low Cost Spay and Neuter Clinic here.
- Please consider Donating, Volunteering and Helping Out, your time and money is much better utilized locally, than donating to larger National Charities. Our shelter is NOT affiliated with any local/national organizations such as the HSUS.
- PLEASE SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE – it contains extremely important information about our adoption days and the process.
The shelter technically opens at 11 a.m. Tuesday – Friday and 10 a.m. Saturday/Sunday – However, if we have pets going up for adoption and expect to be busy –which is the case most days no matter what day of the week it may be –we try to open a bit earlier as the line can be quite long and as a safety and courtesy to the neighborhood- school buses and people going to work – we do try to open as early as possible (normally between 9:30-10:30 depending on the day and number of animals – but it solely depends on how long it takes our team to feed / clean and our vet clinic (if needed) do one last exam to make sure the pets are healthy and ready to meet their new families). When we say adoption days can be extremely busy you can see for yourself . We posted this great video (SEE BELOW) which was actually filmed by a wonderful family who was in line for several hours waiting to adopt – they were the 28th car in line (out of over 90 cars)….we thank them for taking time to take this video, and are happy they DID get to adopt the same day!
Please know there is often a line starting as early as 3-4 a.m. – YES BETWEEN 3-4 A.M. with potential adopters waiting to meet and hopefully adopt a specific pet... Our staff asks that you please take this into account and plan accordingly. Though there are SOME odd days there may no line at the gate, that is the exception….but we never know for sure... we can only help you with OUR recommendations based on years of experience on adoption days.
Please understand – chances are if you are just arriving at the shelter at 11 a.m. There is very little chance you will be adopting the pet you might’ve come to see or been interested in adding to your family…we recommend you always have an open mind and have multiple pets as alternatives…
Please don’t select a pet just by his/her photo (we know it’s hard not to fall in love-how could you not?) ultimately the MOST IMPORTANT advice to follow is: find the perfect fit by making sure your adopting a pet that loves YOU and YOUR FAMILY and YOUR dog/s (if you have a dog/s BRING THEM! We have multiple pens to do introductions…that way you’ll have a better chance to make a fit for your new family member)