Welcome to our Pets for Adoption Page!
VIP Donors receive Priority application review.
Adoption Costs and other important information.
Koi and Goldfish Adoptions – We now have fish available for adoption?
- First and foremost, please understand this is a VERY NEW process for all our Staff and Adopters, and we are trying to manage the large volume of emails and social media messages the best we can.
- We are reserving the right to change any of these policies at any time to insure the safety of our clients, staff, and animals. With this new process it’s going to take some time for us to get streamlined.
- ALL adoptions and surrenders ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY until further notice. We will post changes as they happen.
- Due to limited staff, we are not answering phones. All information is available on this website, or can be answered by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are doing the best we can to handle the volume, but again we are still not fully staffed.
- If your adoption application is approved we will contact you to schedule an appointment.
- If you are not contacted – THIS DOES NOT mean you were DENIED – we process applications as they are submitted. Please Note – Preference on adopting a pet is given to our Shelter Supporters and VIP Donors.
- If you don’t See any pets on our PETS for ADOPTION PAGE – it simply means that all of the animals were adopted. You will need to resubmit your application the next time a new group of animals are posted. This is due to the large volume of applications being received, please understand, we simply cannot possibly maintain and track all the applications we are receiving. We apologize for this inconvenience, but until we get this under control, it is the only way we can handle it right now.
- If you are scheduled for an appointment, ALL VISITORS will be REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK – otherwise not be permitted on property, only exceptions would be young children or valid medical reasons. If you need one please ask and we will provide one. This is to keep your family safe and ours (children under 2 years old are NOT required to wear a mask).
- For social distancing, and to keep your family (and OURS) safe, we schedule appointments so that only a few families at a time will be on premises. (PLEASE be on-time and be aware of the time slot you’ve been given, as we have adopters waiting to come in for THEIR appointment slot after yours).
- We have several areas in/around the shelter to view and interact with the pet/s that you are potentially going to adopt. Including outdoor fully fenced yards if you have another dog you are bringing for an introduction.
- Planning YOUR Visit to Adopt: please plan to arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment time, please make sure you have any/all necessary paperwork required for adoption and help us stick to our schedule/s – so others do NOT have to wait.
- You should plan
* For cats/kittens plan for 30 to 45 minutes.
* For dogs/puppies plan for 45 to 60 minuts. If you have another dog/s at home – make sure to bring him/her – we have plenty of space/areas to do a meet and greet with a new dog and your dog/s.
- Due to social distance requirements, This new process will not work if adopters are 10 or 15 minutes late. IF you are late, it will be the staffs discretion if you will have time to do an adoption before the next appointment. You may lose your appointment if you are late. Please be considerate of our time as well as other families who may be coming in after you.
- If you need to cancel your appointment – please email us ASAP at email@example.com
Finally, this was how it use to be, and we decided the leave the information below
to remember “The Old Normal”
When we say adoption days can be extremely busy you can see for yourself. We posted this great video (BELOW) which was actually filmed by a wonderful family who was in line for several hours waiting to adopt – they were the 28th car in line (out of over 90 cars)….we thank them for taking time to take this video, and are happy they DID get to adopt the same day! Click here for complete info on adoption days and important info you should know!